Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Making of a Folk Hero


John Finger over at CSNPhilly.com wrote a great article yesterday about the folklore legend that is Matt Stairs. As usual Mateo had some great quotable gems:
At 5-foot-9, the off-season high school hockey coach appears as if he could be playing beer league softball with Eagles fans. “Average Joe,” Stairs calls it.

“Let’s face it, I’m not 6-foot-2 and trim. I’m 5-foot-9 and 2-I-really-don’t-care – I still keep myself in good shape,” he said of his physique. “I don’t want to give the fans an excuse not to like me, but I guess when I hit a big home run they say, ‘Hey, that guy is just like us.’”
and
“I always say I take one swing for the fans and the rest for my teammates.”
You can check out the whole article right here.

VOTE NOW: CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment